Caesar dressing is one of the classic salad dressings. There are so many variations of it, sometimes it is easy to get lost.
I will tell you how I make my Caesar dressing and after you make it, you can call it your Caesar dressing.
(enough for 8 portions)
- Anchovy fillets – 6 (you can find it in every larger grocery shop)
- Worcestershire Sauce – 1 tsp
- Creamy Dijon Mustard – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Lemon Juice – from ½ medium size lemon
- Parmesan Cheese Grated – ½ cup
- Good Quality Mayonnaise such as Hellmann’s Original – 1 cup
- Neutral Vegetable Oil – 50 ml
- Water – 50 ml
- Salt – Generous Pinch
- Pepper – Generous Pinch
Add anchovies, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, oil and water into blender and blend until there are no large chunks left.
Add this mixture into a bowl with mayonnaise and mix well with a wire whisk. Add cheese, season with salt and pepper and mix again. Taste and season accordingly. The flavor should be a little strong and a little bit too salty. After it mixes up with the salad, it will even out.
This dressing can also be used as a dip. Serve it with Grissini (bread sticks) and you got yourself a perfect snack for a hangout of a movie night.
Tip: This Caesar dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for a week easily. Don’t forget to use an air-tight container.
Now go make a Caesar salad or something…